Make things happen.
Director of Media & Analytics
We’re looking for a person who wants to take the next step in their career and build a modern media planning and analytics unit at a creative-driven agency. In the past, our agency has typically worked with larger media buying conglomerates to execute buys, but we have seen a growing need to provide media planning as well as our own analytics POV.
Working tightly with account service and creative teams, you will help identify media opportunities along with defining the size and viability of target audiences in the early stages of campaigns. If we execute the buy, you would be responsible for all analytic evaluation and media optimization. If we are consulting on the buy, you would provide an educated POV on any results and recommendations for next steps.
Work here and find out why we believe:
- Good ideas take the same amount of time as bad ideas.
- Limitations are creative opportunities.
- You should think like a band, not like a corporation.
- An open mind creates more room for ideas.
- Small teams achieve bigger results.
- Empathy toward each other and our clients is powerful.
- Delivering on time is great; delivering earlier, even better.
- Ideas can come from anyone and anywhere.
- If you don’t know an answer, find the person who does.
- Celebrate the successes and, in a way, the failures too.
- Be kind. Have fun. Work hard.
- Plan, manage, and execute paid media campaigns for our clients across a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as other social platforms and DSPs
- Make real-time adjustments to bids, targeting, content, and tactics throughout the life of the campaign
- Work with cross-disciplined team to ensure complete and efficient delivery of advertising campaigns
- Review data from a variety of sources and pull out meaningful insights – distilling vast amounts of information into bite-size and actionable insights
- Tell compelling stories from the data – make the data come to life in meaningful, relevant and easy-to-understand ways
- Guide media buying partners and provide a strong opinion on the overall media plan and spending.
- Mentor and grow a team of young strategists eager to learn, do and hone their skills
- Participate in agency thought-leadership – including writing articles, giving presentations and more
- Present confidently to clients, prospects and internal teams – needs to be able to think on their feet and respond to questions with confidence
- Decide what media and research tools are necessary to have in-house or what should be relied upon from partners
- Grow a small media buying team to service smaller clients with limited budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Social Science and/or Business
- 3-5 years of buying and planning experience
- Proficiently in existing paid social, digital, and traditional media landscape with a strong drive for exploring new, emerging platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and storytelling skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to comfortably translate large data sets into actionable takeaways and insights
- Natural curiosity and can-do attitude – comfortable with ambiguity and rolling up sleeves to get it done
- Detail-oriented while being able to manage multi-project workloads