The Account Manager is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account manager interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, the public relations director concerning publicity, the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
The account manager has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The account manager is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. The account manager should not be asked to cold canvas for new business.
Reports to the Account Director
« Back to BaM jobs
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account director regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account services director immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.